I enjoy asking managers I meet what they view as the most valuable asset in their company.

Depending on the industry and the state in which the business is located, I receive various responses.

Hotel and business owners frequently use the phrase “location, location, location.”

Managers in the IT industry frequently concentrate on their alliances or the newest, hottest items.

According to consulting company managers, the brains of their employees are the most valued. Others focus on brands and trademarks. A fantastic management group, a team of committed employees, and strong sales are on the list.

All of these responses share the following in common:

Each of these aims to increase consumer numbers.

Customers are crucial to businesses because they pay the rent and the bills. Why then do customers frequently claim that their suppliers have forgotten them?

There are various reasons why customers stop becoming ones. They change their address, shut down their business, or join a rival organisation. These factors account for 34% of lost clients. The remaining 66% depart for a different reason—they simply feel disregarded when dealing with some businesses. Fortunately, we have options for fixing this.

Maintain a Good Overview of Your Clients

I keep wondering why so many businesses utilise spreadsheets to store their client data.

Spreadsheets can go misplaced, out of date, or end up in the wrong hands. Business cards are crucial for gathering consumer information. however, not when supine at your desk. These customer strategy gaps lack teamwork, which is crucial.

When everyone contributes to filling a client database with data, its worth rises.

What a CRM system is worth

A CRM system may be your best asset for the following 4 reasons.

  1. You can register your leads and contacts with it.

You never know when a lead will be ready to make a purchase from you. In any case, probably not today. Warm them up.

To begin organising your contacts and clients, it is never too late. To make your data effective and apply your CRM strategy to meet their needs, you need several fundamental categories.

Customer, Lost Customer, Prospect, Supplier, Partner, Potential Partner, Influencer, and Inactive Customer categories are necessary.

Additionally, you might think about classifying your consumers into categories A, B, and C based on the various client retention strategies available to each group. Therefore, you might finally get rid of your complicated spreadsheets.

  1. You can keep track of every consumer interaction that takes place within your business.

Knowing what that company is talking about can give you an advantage the next time you speak with a customer or potential customer. You may make the other person feel valued and seen. And over time, this friendship develops. Emails ought to be in your system rather than in everyone’s mailbox.

  1. It indicates potential.

How many potential customers have you “not sold to”?

Probably quite a bit. A “no” usually implies “not today,” I regularly advise my sales team. Most businesses stick with their current supplier until they are no longer needed. Because of this, it’s crucial to keep them active in your CRM database. Additionally, if you have a strong seminar approach or email marketing campaign, you may win their business for the upcoming quarter.

  1. It keeps the client data, which is your most significant asset, intact.

People switch careers. Have you ever had someone leave you and leave nothing behind?

There were gaps in the sales pipeline. There was no update to the contacts. The key contacts weren’t registered because all the necessary data was kept locally. Avoid having it occur to you.


Focusing on the customer is tough without a CRM system.

The easiest approach to boost sales and profitability is for businesses who invest in CRM to use its value to place the customer at the centre of their operations. Hopefully, the aforementioned four arguments have convinced you that CRM is now a must for your company rather than an alternative.

Do you keep track of your contacts and customer information using a CRM system?

If you’re wanting to get started with a CRM system, check SuperOffice CRM.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2nd floor, SEBIZ Square, IT Park, Sector 67, Mohali, Punjab, India 160062